First Interview of this Round... and it's a winner!

2:47 PM Posted In Edit This 3 Comments »
No, they didn't offer me the job on the spot, but they may as well have! I had an interview today with a local public elementary school for a Behavior Therapist position, and I think that it went amazingly well. (So well, in fact, that I promptly put on the Wu-Tang Clan song "C.R.E.A.M." to celebrate. For those who aren't rap aficionados like myself, "C.R.E.A.M." stands for "Cash Rules Everything Around Me." It's a gangsta ode to the dollar bill... several of which I hope to be retrieving soon.) Two women interviewed me as a team, each of whom is in charge of a different position that I am being considered for. Boring play-by-play aside, I knew I slam-dunked when one woman wrote "GREAT!" at the top of my resume. Maybe she should have been sneakier about that little note-to-self, but hey. I'm not complaining. Then, 20 minutes later, one of my old supervisors called to say that they had contacted her for a reference, and she would be giving me a great one. They had back-to-back interviews all day, and they checked my references first! "Dolla dolla bill y'all!"

3 comments:

Tracie said...

YAY! Isn't that a great feeling?

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

If you're all about the money, you probably should have gone into professional tennis or something. Just messing. Congratulations Lauren!

Jessica said...

Lauren, my brother just got his mission call to Boston and I thought of you. Congrats on your interview.